ACL Tri-Metal Main bearings G4fj
After building a few motors we have been able to source some custom bearing options. One of which is the ACL Tri-metal bearings that we customize to fit the G4fj by removing the tangs. If you are familiar with engine building this is a practice that is used for many cars and builders. The tangs are just there to hold bearing in place during install, it has no effect on a bearing spinning!
Designed to withstand higher RPM conditions, ACL Race Series Engine Bearings are available for many of the popular 4, 6 & 8 cylinder applications and feature:
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- 3/4 grooved Main Bearings to optimize bearing load carrying surface area and oil flow to the conrod bearings.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
*** Note these ACL bearings should get you .0019-.0022 clearance, please measure and check before final assembly as you may need to align hone or Hone to achieve proper clearances***